View Single Post
Anonymous43089

Default Jul 18, 2019 at 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcgeo View Post
The main problem was my temper. I don't want to go too much into my background, but my temper eventually alienated my wife from me so that in essence, I felt like a room mate instead of her husband.

I did the unforgiveable, at least that is what my wife calls it, by texting mother-in-law. What I said to her is that I would have appreciated some more notice, at least 2 months minimum, so that we could move, and relocate. She called me an asshole and stated that she never wanted to see me again. After this exchange, my wife became committed to getting a divorce.
Rough deal, mate. As for coping, I would strongly suggest therapy, not only to cope with the dissolution of your marriage, but also to address the underlying problems which led to it. Even if your wife is determined to divorce, I still think it would benefit you to learn better ways to express your anger so that you don't repeat these mistakes. Also, it would look good to the courts.

A couple of things, though. How long had your wife felt alienated because of your temper? Because her reaction to you merely texting your MIL seemed a little extreme. It seems like something had been building for a long time up until that point.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky