Member Since Jul 2019
79 hugs
given
Default Jul 18, 2019 at 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcgeo View Post
Hello,

Warning, this may be a bit long.

Admittedly, our marriage was not the greatest, yet there were never cases of physical abuse, infidelity, or drug dependence. The main problem was my temper. I don't want to go too much into my background, but my temper eventually alienated my wife from me. I would never get into name-calling, but I am told that I can get pretty frightening. I have never raised my hand to someone, while I was angry. So to recap, my wife, alienated herself from me so that in essence, I felt like a roommate instead of her husband.

Despite a pretty unhappy marriage, I resent that my wife wants a divorce. I admit that I may not have been the greatest husband, but now I fear giving my daughter a separated life. She is only 6 and every time I look at her, my eyes tear up and I start crying. I realize that I won't get to see her as much and that my whole life has completely fallen apart. I am devastated. Like I said, my wife is 100% determined in getting a divorce.

How do I cope?

--sarcgeo
HI sarcgeo... I am so sorry you're going through all this... You bring bittersweet memories of my first marriage, the anger, the disagreements, frustration, sadness, tears...
We did not have any kids ... the pain was excruciating when she got served divorce papers. She wanted to separate, I decided to divorce her for she was taking us to the ground financially... She was so angry at me...

I'm a recovered alcoholic now, my journey into recovery started just about the time we got a divorce. I can tell you the 12 steps of recovery have helped me have a life second to none, I am happily married to a wonderful woman...

I had to join a divorce recovery group as well...People that supported me and gave me hope...

I do not know if you have a spiritual background or not. My beliefs in a Higher Power made the pain more tolerable...
I hope you continue to reach out here at PC... Continue to share and allow yourself to feel your feelings... This Too Shall Pass...

Have faith that something good is going to come out of all this...

peace,

ed
added is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
luvyrself, MickeyCheeky