View Single Post
sarcgeo

Member Since Jul 2019
11 hugs
given
Default Jul 19, 2019 at 08:37 AM

Hello, I have posted about my impending divorce in another forum. I come here seeking advice concerning my daughter.

A little background. I had the opportunity to see the impact of divorce on a child, when I married my current wife. She has a son from a previous marriage. Her ex left her when the child was only a year old. I witnessed the child screaming and bawling, due to the fact that the visitation was split 50/50. The kid never wanted to leave his mother's arms and I felt bad for him, since I think he never developed a sense of home.

Watching all of this, has led me to wonder if I should grant more visitation to my wife, soon to be ex, for my daughter. My daughter is 6 and I don't want to put her through the emotional turmoil that I saw my stepson go through. I am thinking of just trying to do weekends or something like that. It was gut wrenching to watch my stepson bawl because he didn't want to leave mommy. I know it will cost me more in child support, but I will try to do anything for my daughter's sanity.

Another important question, is what should I do when my daughter screams during an exchange? Should I let her go back home with mommy? I just don't want to put my daughter through that turmoil.

--sarc
sarcgeo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks