View Single Post
Anonymous40099

Default Jul 19, 2019 at 10:24 AM

Another point is that when I apply to a position, I probably come across as desperate, especially if I am overqualified for that position. Another reason to not to consider me.

The other day I was talking to someone, and I told him how I feel depressed and frustrated that I am unemployed and cannot get anything, especially I am seeing others doing well in their jobs or at least have one, he basically invalidated my feelings by telling me you don't know what's going on in their lives. Well, yes, I don't know what's going on in their lives, as no one knows what's going on in my life and what I went through. Everyone has his/her own package in life. But I was talking specifically about having a basic thing in life to get by: a job. I wasn't discussing how they seem happy in their lives or not. Then he started to imply that I am envious of others (WTF)!!!! Another person when I told him how I feel and what I am going through, he basically replied that he is stressed out in his job!! OK, we can talk about this, but at least acknowledge what I said!! Nothing. And this person when we were in college he was calling me everyday for at least an hour, and ask for my help when he needed help, and visited me all the time. Now he barely recognizes me. I feel when someone is not working others start to look down at him/her. That he/she is inferior, and to be honest that's how I feel most of the time these days. One person I sent email to to ask for his guidance and suggestion, and told him to call me anytime, when he called he told me people who are available all the time (he meant me obviously) are desperate!! OK, I know that I am desperate for help and for a job, but telling me that I am desperate in my face was hurtful!! Besides, I wanted him to call me at his convenience, because I am the one needed his help, but instead he told me I am desperate. At the end he told me just to edit my resume!! As I haven't done that 100s of times. Thanks for your valuable time.

Last edited by Anonymous40099; Jul 19, 2019 at 10:41 AM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous48672, MickeyCheeky, unaluna

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky