View Single Post
-jimi-
Jimi the rat

Member Since Dec 2008
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 19, 2019 at 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nxious View Post
Some people think mentally-ill people who seek validation and support are playing victims and lazy, and their support is feeding this "victim mentality". These people probably have never suffered from any mental illness or forgot how it is like , and they don't know how crippling it can be (anymore).
Yea. My counselor was like that because when she went to school way back they learned that depression is a made up thing not a real illness that we create so we can get people to cater to us. She told me only schizophrenics and bipolar people have real mental illness.

Fact is I never really wanted to waste people's time, but I survived because people encouraged me to.

My counselor thought if I was kicked off welfare and had to work full time, I would snap out of it. She yelled at me because she said my BFF enabled me in my bad habits by giving me food so I wouldn't starve.

Since then I understand that I really don't understand much about what other people go through... but I try not to think they aren't trying enough...

Of course sometimes I don't have patience, which is basically no one's fault, and sometimes I say the wrong things, but at least I'm not saying my ignorance is knowledge.

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna