Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 19, 2019 at 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
Ex-T had an English degree, and I once printed out an email I'd sent to ex-MC for her to read. She read through it, and I commented on an error in it, like I'd used "they're" instead of "their," something like that. And she was like, "Yeah, I noticed that." I was super careful with future emails to her. Ex-MC sucked at grammar and stuff. Current T seems to have a pretty good grasp on the English language, thought does some random stuff like unnecessary hyphens in "I've been in private practice for 15-years." But he's otherwise a really good writer, like in email replies, so I let it go. I am careful in what I send him though. (I'm a copy editor by trade.)
I didn't get a degree in English but my emails to former T tended to be more or less correct based on my current mood and whether or not I was in crises. The more out of control I was, the less I cared that my writing made sense. Former T didn't mind, unless I wrote her in Latin. Then she would tell me she does not read Latin and stick to English. Sometimes I would sneak in a Yiddish or Spanish word or phrase and that didn't seem to bother her. When I was really out of it, dissociated, or in crisis, I would look back on the emails afterward and even I couldn't decipher them. She often told me she didn't know what I was talking about. But if I was clear headed, the emails were pretty good I thought.

Hugs from:
SalingerEsme, unaluna

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, Omers, SalingerEsme, unaluna