View Single Post
BehindtheScenes

Member Since Jul 2019
2 hugs
given
Default Jul 19, 2019 at 08:18 PM

Master's here as well and unemployed for a year--full time/permanent position wise. While I've had a few interviews, they always result in me getting overlooked. Pretty much said screw it and am currently getting on board as an online contractor for an international company based in China. The work isn't exactly in my field of study nor is it permanent. But, I don't have time to play the 'numbers game' for this unrealistic job market and am in need of some flow of income.

I also can relate to encountering most of my classmates being employed full-time whereas I'm not. A lot of them came from more privileged backgrounds in terms of experience and professional connection since their days of undergrad. Yet, my undergrad was in a dead-end rural state I wasn't able to gain 5+ internships in my particular field like them. In my current field, nepotism and 'knowing the right people' also seems to be the only way to make it as well. I'm 27 and have plans to go back to school for something more complex, technical, and in-demand like Electrical Engineering or something.
BehindtheScenes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky