Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,275 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 20, 2019 at 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden_eve View Post
I'm going to just say it here and now. I don't feel there's anything wrong with ME. It's this toxic organization that is incestuous practically, with loads of favortism, nepotism, and the like going on, plus a boss who is clearly threatened by me. I don't feel I have done anything to deserve this. I work hard, I am a big success with my clients, and I do a great job. I have a strong work ethic, I am moral and I am respomsible. The only thing that may have rocked the boat in the wrong direction was going to HR about a work process when my boss was out of the office. I did not know or realize that it could potentially backfire wiht me with my boss. That was the one mistake I may have made. But other than that, I've been an awesome employee and most certainly do NOT deserve tot be freaking fired.
You know I support you and am totally in your corner, rooting for you. Some thoughts to try and help you make it through til a better gig comes along:

Is it possible that you are coming off in a way other than you intend? It may be worth it to take feedback from your colleagues on how you occur for them and see if that's how you intend to occur. This is in no way an insinuation that you are intentionally doing anything or anything less than what you stated. But we often think we are behaving one way while others perceive us a different way.

It could also be that your idea of an awesome employee is different than your boss's or the CEO's. It might be worth it to ask them what they would say an awesome employee is and see if you are matching up to what they want for an employee. That is, if you want to try and make things work at all or at least to keep your job until you find a new one.

Hang in there. You are incredibly skilled and talented. If you can learn to work with others who don't have your level of integrity and work ethic and not get bothered by them (and in this case, based on the situation, not rock the boat) you will find a lot of success. And actually, as I typed it, that kind of would explain a lot, I think. It may be possible your boss views you as someone rocking the boat. No matter your skill set, if you're rocking the boat, that will put you in the hot seat.

You'll survive this. You are strong, and like I said, talented. Just have to keep treading water for a while longer.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote