View Single Post
Evening
Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2010
8 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 20, 2019 at 08:17 AM

I’m going through surgical menopause after a cancer related hysterectomy (I’m 31) and surgical menopause is apparently quite brutal in comparison to the natural kind as it’s a bit of a 0-100 type thing rather than a gradual one. It’s only been a few weeks for me and I’m now on hormone replacement which is helping but not solving the problem. During the time I wasn’t on the hormone replacement I was fine for the first few days, and then I became a
seething monster from the depths of hell ready to wreak my fuming hatred upon anyone who breathed within a 5km radius of me. I also was getting hot flushes that got so bad I nearly passed out at the doctor. And I was dealing with being plunged into a huge depression.

So I’m now at risk of the same things you are concerned about, and, I might be able to offer a bit of input. Definitely keep up the calcium, but also remember to have vitamin D, as this helps with the body processing the calcium. I think magnesium helps the vitamin D work better too. Some supplements have a mixture of these vitamins. There are also different types of calcium (citrate, carbonate, etc.) which absorb differently. But you should mainly rely on it from food sources. And the exercise is definitely going to be helpful. You could also consider bone density testing to see if there is any noticeable change you need to be concerned about before things become a problem.

I hope that helps.
Evening is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote