View Single Post
Anonymous45634

Default Jul 20, 2019 at 11:17 AM

first off ..there is no "standard" response for someone who has been assaulted. everyone is different. to assume there is a standard response and that she isn't meeting it is condescending of you. rape is a violent assault and effects both short and long term can be just as horrible as the assault.

is she creating a story? no one knows but her. I don't think it matters what your family history of wealth & treatment of women is. perhaps she feels threatened by that & doesn't know what else to do. maybe she feels you throw those factors in her face...who knows.

honestly if my boyfriend told me I had to provide a police report of a rape to him I would dump him in a second. because she didn't share the "details" with you...and why couldn't she have been raped during that time frame? doesn't work for you? should the cop have assaulted her what, 2 weeks, a month ago? and really, do you want to hear all the details..to prove to YOU she was assaulted? maybe drag her to the hospital and get an exam done...

you have taken what is a terrible assault and removed what little sense of control a victim has placed everything under your control. of course she is upset you told your mother. why did she have to know?

I think she is making it obvious that she doesn't want to travel with you.
I would give her a deadline...such as you need your passport by ..aug 10 if you are coming with me on this trip. if you feel you must. and be prepared for what ever she says. prepare for the no.

are you going to support her if she doesn't travel or will you let her go? I think you must tell her that as well....if the relationship hinges on this trip then I feel you must let her know. don't be a jerk who lets her know the day of the trip you are cutting her loose with no financial plan, especially if you have been supporting her. that is wrong and not fair. especially if you say you care as much as you do.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Chyialee, MickeyCheeky, ~Christina