View Single Post
Yzen
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
4,769 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 20, 2019 at 03:36 PM

I think most work environments favor the executives and top leaders. Respect is expected (almost enforced) up the hierarchy and disrespect is acceptable down the hierarchy. As an employee, I have been expected to accept that my management 'knows better' and not question things. There is no reason to assume a manager knows more than an employee working on the front lines. In much of the cases, the employees have a clearer detail picture of what will work, but we are forced to adhere to decisions made by managers only because the old rules of the workplace assume the manager knows more.

The corporate hierarchical structure also seems to create rivalry, politics, and power struggles. Managers and team members feel a need to fend for themselves, usually at the expense of others.

I would like to find a workplace that is more collaborative where everyone has a say. It would be refreshing to work in a company were everyone felt they were in the 'same boat' and working towards the same goals. Maybe there are a few workplaces like that somewhere.
Yzen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous40643