View Single Post
Anonymous40643

Default Jul 20, 2019 at 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisabel View Post
@golden_eve

Good discussion. I agree that the work environment has gotten very toxic these days. There were always issues but it has gotten way off balance in my opinion. I won’t even look for another job because I think I would just find more of the same when it comes to personalities of the people. I pick and choose my battles. I don’t tolerate abuse but I have definitely endured plenty of nonsense. I think if you want to move up in a company you have to be very comfortable or at least very tolerant of all the toxicity. Most people probably just don’t have the stomach for it. Oh and I recently read that a fairly good number of CEOs are likely psychopaths. Don’t quote me on that but that was my understanding of the article I read. Nothing against psychopaths. I can see why that personality type could handle today’s leadership environment.
@Sisabel, thank you for your input.... I know you personally have endured a ton of crap at work.... yes, you gotta pick your battles, I suppose, but also not take the abuse.

It makes me so sad that this is what's happening.... more and more toxic work environments. I am sure that some out there are healthy and good, but like I wrote above, in my experience, that's been rare.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote