View Single Post
Dysphoria

Member Since Jul 2019
Default Jul 20, 2019 at 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Christina View Post
Certain meds for me were awful, I gained so much weight. Most all of my cravings were carbs and sugars , the absolute worse combination. I even bought the tubs of frosting and froze them and would eat away. Ugh! I never felt full.
LOL I have done the frosting thing many times. Unhealthy but damn is it tasty and satiating at times.

Quote:
That was Zyprexa. I don’t care how bad I ever get again I’ll never take it.
Zyprexa works miracles for me when I am in a severe episode that requires hospitalization. It brings me right down to earth immediately. Problem is you are guaranteed metabolic syndrome and diabetes if you stay on it.

Quote:
Due to being on so many psych meds over the years I developed metabolic syndrome which makes losing weight so much more difficult. Some Doctors will say it can be reversed once weight is lost, some, like my Doctor said it’s likely to plague me for life, even if my anorexia comes back into play.
I don't have metabolic syndrome thank God. I will get up to about 230 lbs if I don't exercise and just eat what I want. (I am a 6 foot tall male). But as of late I have been exercising and I've lost about 10 lbs in a few weeks. My appetite has suffered (that's a good thing) because of the current episode I am in. When I get "manic" like this, I get really anxious and my appetite disappears. If you've ever been through a lot of stress at once and noticed you aren't hungry, that's the way I feel. It feels a lot like love sickness after a breakup, except 24/7. The feeling and the mood really sucks, but the weight loss is nice.

Quote:
People who take a medication that is more activating tend to have less weight gain.
Yep. Stimulates tend to do that. It's why meth addicts are always skinny.

Quote:
I personally think even tho Big Pharma knows many psych meds cause weight gain they just get another customer for Med X to treat all the problems weight gain causes, diabetes, heart condition, high blood pressure and all the back and joint problems xtra will weight cause.
I've always wondered what it is about AP's that cause weight gain. Why can't they determine why this happens and eliminate that "feature" from future drugs?
Dysphoria is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
bizi, Wild Coyote, ~Christina