View Single Post
nocom

Member Since Jul 2019
Default Jul 21, 2019 at 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Fox Seaton View Post
Sometimes it isn't even me. I went to Home Depot the other day to return a sliding screen door. They lady asked me why I was returning it, I said it didn't fit and said, this particular brand gets horrible reviews on the website maybe it shouldn't be sold. This must of irked her. She says well, we sell products based on the reviews on the website (sarcasm) and then she asks me if I knew anyone who wanted to work there for a whole $12 dollars an hour... clearly this was trying to dig at me like for $12 an hour I don't care what you think about this product...made me feel I should have come off mean in the first place... by coming off nice she got her opportunity to be mean to me.

You're right that coming off nice does leave you vulnerable to people like her. Luckily, those types of people are pretty rare and it's easy to recognize and adapt to - you can remain nice by listening to what they have to say while not actually engaging further into what they're saying.

People's actions are a reflection of themselves, not you. I believe it's better to accept yourself and adapt to others rather than change yourself in response to others.
nocom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote