Wise Elder

Member Since Nov 2009
31.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 23, 2019 at 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunriseCoco View Post
We haven't met face to face yet, but I still feel like we formed a rather strong bond in that time. I felt closer to her than to my previous girlfriend who've I met physically and been with for almost a year.
I know it's easy to think such a relationship isn't worth pursuing, but I don't think it's possible for us to even have such a flawless honeymoon phase given our disorders. I feel like our struggles only helped us get closer together.

I don't take her disappearance as a sign she's fed up with this relationship, or as a lack of clinginess. It just comes to show her instability and the severity of her disorder.

I'm not thinking about moving on; I neither want that nor could live with the thought I'd promise someone my loyalty only to break that promise as soon as things get difficult.
I just wish to know if there's something I could do for her. I'm particularly interested in what other bipolar people might have to add to this. I really want to understand her and help her the best I can, even if it means giving her the alone time she needs.
The only thing I can really get behind here is the severity of her disorder. And I don't mean bipolar.

You promised your loyalty this soon to someone you've never even met IRL?? I'm sorry to be blunt, but that seems foolish. You.don't.know.her. You don't even know if she is who she represents herself to be. This person could very well be catfishing. You do not know. It is better to "go back on" a hastily made promise than to torment yourself with a mistake.

I'm sorry that you don't think it's possible to have a "flawless" honeymoon phase on account of disorders. And that you consider this impossible even without the reality complications of having actually met??!

Where is her concern for YOU in all this? Nowhere, that's where.

Please heed the red flags. There are plenty. I suspect I'm wasting my time in saying this, and you will think I don't understand, but trust me, I do.

Btw, yes, I have bipolar. As does Christina.

--The Cure
Innerzone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
~Christina