View Single Post
aimlesshiker

Member Since May 2018
58 hugs
given
Default Jul 24, 2019 at 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinh View Post
I am in a similar situation and I am also a bit afraid. I think it is because it is an unfamiliar situation and we are so used to love being a certain way- and perhaps filled with despair and resentment and pain. It is almost difficult to accept someone who is good for you because then you have something to lose. What if it is a cruel joke and they get taken away? I think it is always hard but with the right person, the way you are, will not scare them away. What's meant to be will be.

I find that with this new love, I do not have to tone myself down out of fear of scaring her away like I have had to in the past with everybody else.
I definitely resonate with this! Especially the bolded part. What if I do something to mess things up and make him not like me? This is my biggest struggle all summer. I just need to learn how to turn off that switch that so easily doubts people's intentions.
It's a silly way to think because he is obviously taking the time to talk to me, call me, even visit me in person. He has told me how I make him laugh. Pretty undeniable, right? :P

I'm really happy you found someone who suits you! And yes, you shouldn't have to tone yourself down... love should make you excited, and no one should contain that excitement!

I seem to go through phases where I feel all happy about our "thing," and then I get nervous and anxious about it. Honestly just not talking about things in person is hard, but the wait is getting shorter!
aimlesshiker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, penguinh

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky