View Single Post
SunriseCoco

Member Since Jul 2019
1 hugs
given
Default Jul 24, 2019 at 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innerzone View Post
Ghosting/disappearing acts are manipulative games. As is making you worry she'd hurt herself. Let's see, clingy, moves on quickly, mind games.... this is not good, and cannot be laid at the feet of bipolar.
She might have other disorders as well, but that's the only one she was diagnosed with.

She never made an effort to trick me into believing she'll hurt herself if I don't cooperate, and I'm not sure why you'd immediately jump to the conclusion she's just playing games, even if this behavior is unrelated to being bipolar.

You might not believe me, but I feel I have a pretty good understanding when someone is trying to manipulate me. It has happened to me before.

Quote:
Also, that she managed to go a whole week without a mood swing? This would not even be worth mentioning with bipolar. We aren't constantly changing on a dime, public misconception notwithstanding.
I should've phrased that part better. It was unusual for her to be this uplifted for an entire week, without any doubts or signs of depression showing up.

Quote:
You promised your loyalty this soon to someone you've never even met IRL?? I'm sorry to be blunt, but that seems foolish. You.don't.know.her. You don't even know if she is who she represents herself to be. This person could very well be catfishing. You do not know. It is better to "go back on" a hastily made promise than to torment yourself with a mistake.
Frankly, I'm kind of tired of this argument. If you stick to text, you might be right, but it's definitely possible to get a good understanding of eachother when you spend a lot of time on video calls, without actually meeting in person.

I've been manipulated and taken advantage of in the past by someone I knew in real life, whereas some of my most long-lasting friendships have been almost exclusively online.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be cautious on the internet, but you're oversimplifying things here.

Quote:
Where is her concern for YOU in all this? Nowhere, that's where.
I don't mind your bluntness, but I find it rather irritating you would call someone out on not knowing a person, while making assumptions yourself.

Quote:
Please heed the red flags. There are plenty.
There are plenty of red flags about me as well. I'm not the kind of person that writes off a person because they have severe mental issues that most people would not put up with.
SunriseCoco is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote