View Single Post
aimlesshiker

Member Since May 2018
58 hugs
given
Default Jul 24, 2019 at 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyCheeky View Post
I can relate, @aimlesshiker! Perhaps this is going to sound stupud, but perhaps you can just TELL him that you have some problems with this? Just telling him "I have some problems with anxiety and self-love so that's why I may seem weird sometimes" may work if he truly loves you. He should just accept you for who you are.
Hi, Mickey,
Thanks for the love and support, as always! I always enjoy seeing your posts.

That's actually exactly what I plan on doing. THIS time, I'm going to be as clear and communicative as I can be. I want him to know about all my flaws, my insecurities and anxieties, as well as all the good things, even the mediocre things! From what I can tell, he's pretty open and accepting and willing to work things through.

I'm just waiting to do this in person. There's sort of an unspoken understanding between the two of us that all this discussion (and by that, I mean talk about our feelings towards other) will take place once we see each other. Sure, we could do it over the phone, but this is so important to us that we wouldn't want to do that!

edit: also, yes, I'm seeing a therapist. She has helped me identify all of these irrational thought processes. I will be seeing her a few days before I see him again... that was planned on purpose!

Last edited by aimlesshiker; Jul 24, 2019 at 04:00 PM..
aimlesshiker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote