View Single Post
kismetie

Member Since Jul 2012
9 hugs
given
Default Jul 24, 2019 at 11:26 PM

[[Advice Needed]]

Hi all,

So I am finding myself in the need of some advice. How does one stop themselves from being turned on by things that they know aren't good for them?

My problem, I am really interested and attracted to some of the dominance and submissive traits and dynamics in BDSM lifestyle. I get turned on by unbalanced dynamics of power play in sexual situations. That in itself isn't really the issue I find myself facing though.

There are plenty of people who participate in BDSM lifestyles such as doms and subs in a healthy way and that are well versed or educated in their sexual lives. My concern is, me trying to partake in such healthy, sane, and consensual acts with someone who isn't in alignment with that and is actually someone looking to abuse under the guise of a proper healthy dom.

My concerns are that I either will attract the wrong kind of people and get hurt and find myself in a unhealthy relationship that I am unwilling to leave or unable to see red flags. I'm concerned that it'll start as a safe consensual thing and I wouldn't be able to notice when the lines begin to blur or that I will turn a blind eye to it because of my people pleasing tendencies. I'm afraid of what'll happen if I am unintentionally triggered a traumatic response. My concern is, I could continue to ignore this part of my sexuality that turn me on and then get in a normal relationship and once things get rough one time during sex, we slip into this unofficial kind of bdsm thing because I tried to ignore it and now I'm in this weird sexual relationship with my partner where the lines are not as clear and blurred.

Help please? Lol