View Single Post
fern46
Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 25, 2019 at 06:46 AM

I lost .6 lbs last week. I have 3 more lbs to go to get to my goal weight. I am thinking I might need to reduce my calories again a bit to get there, but I'm going to let things play out another week or two at my current levels before making any adjustments.

I wish my metabolism was like it was before I started taking antipsychotics. Small changes made a huge difference then. Now I have to work really hard to see even the tiniest results. I suppose I shouldn't complain though. Exercise and meal planning have become excellent self care and coping skills. I actually haven't had to use any other coping skills for a long time now that I think about it. I'm just living again without having to think it through all the time. I have rough moments and flashbacks regularly, but they pass quickly.

I have had really positive feedback lately from family and friends. They have shared that they think I look very healthy and fit. That is wonderful to hear. I felt for a long time people looked at me and just saw that I was sick after my episode. The meds made me groggy and sluggish and took the sparkle out of my eyes. I had to really work to feel things and participate in each moment. That is gone now and I feel like I look and feel like my old self finally except slightly more fit now. I am grateful. Thanks so very much to everyone here who has encouraged me along the way. It genuinely means a lot to have your support while I worked to get this aspect of my life back on track. I am hoping the physical changes I have made do their part to support my mental health. So far, so good.

Hugs and well wishes to all who follow this thread.
fern46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, BeyondtheRainbow, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
Wild Coyote, ~Christina