Inner Space Traveler

Member Since May 2014
8,141 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 25, 2019 at 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by here today View Post
Thanks, precaryous. I guess I asked as much for myself as to suggest a question that might be interesting for you, too.

I don't know what "recovery" would look like for me, either. I thought that recovery from my pre-existing mental illness would be for me to feel like a normal person, unique and different like everybody else but not weird or depressed or unable to function and be a part of the world.

Recovery from being misled and exploited and ultimately rejected by therapists, though? The "cure" for that being cynicism and hostility towards therapists so that I won't be exploited again? This doesn't feel "recovered" to me. But I don't know what would either.

I’ve learned to question everything and to speak up more for myself...and not to let anyone have agency over me with regard to boundaries and privacy. I think that’s healthier than my just giving my trust entirely away.

I’ve learned trust is earned. I shouldn’t give trust away just because they are doctors or most anyone in authority.

Isn’t that the purpose of pain, so we pay attention and realize, ‘Let’s not let *that* happen again?’
precaryous is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Anonymous45127, here today, koru_kiwi, Out There