Interrupted Girl

Member Since Jun 2016
6 hugs
given
Default Jul 25, 2019 at 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightsong View Post
Sounds like a great idea!

Hi, I'm Nightsong, newly diagnosed with dependent and avoidant personality disorders, though I think I'm actually schizoid instead of avoidant.

So the new diagnosis is big, but I've been doing a lot of reading about personality disorders and have already learned so much about myself.

As a dependent I have a dilemma. I have physical issues (severe chronic migraines) and bipolar depression that have made it impossible to support myself. At 28, I've never worked full time or lived independently. I live with my elderly grandparents and do what I can around the house on my good days, paying for my own needs from a small government allowance. It's not enough to allow me to move out, but my grandparents are getting to the age where they're talking about moving to a seniors' home. Which leaves me wondering what to do from here.

So - there's what I'm dealing with right now. Hoping others will join in.
Hello Nightsong! I'm glad you joined this thread... first of all don't worry about the new diagnose, personally I have BPD with schizoid traits, also dealing with depression and sometimes bipolar maniac episodes, I'm not into meds, but have been doing a lot of dbt therapy and has been working for me, maybe you should try something like that, also instead of meds I'm taking natural "pills" to stabilize my mood swings!

About your grandparents moving, you just gotta trust... everything happens for a reason and maybe this is that lil kick that you needed to do something bigger! Start growing on your own and maybe discover that you are high functioning on your own as well!

We'll be here supporting you anyway! Hope it helped.

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster, Nightsong