Jedi67
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2019
1,913 hugs
given
Default Jul 25, 2019 at 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fern46 View Post
Hey Jedi, so happy to have you in this thread. 33 lbs since May is a ton of weight. That's really remarkable. I think it is great you were able to do all of that with only changing your eating. I must admit I agree with your wife about not skipping meals though. That can wreak havoc on your metabolism in the long run. Cutting out the night eating is so smart. I just read a blog about intermittent fasting and it got me thinking. We usually eat dinner around 7 and it might be healthier to try to get dinner on the table sooner. That would be a healthy change I could make for my whole family.

Do you have a specific weight loss goal? I've been working to lose 8 lbs for a month now and I'm down 4.8 so far. Its a slow road, but a good one. I hurt my knee previously as well. I did a lot of punches and free weights with my arms while it healed. Knee injuries can be so painful. I hope yours heals soon!
Happy to be here in this thread! I do not have a specific weight goal in mind but I think getting down to 200 for a big guy like me should be preferable. so far, I've had success with just my eating and the exercise will help tremendously even if it's just going for a walk. maybe I'll become a mall zombie and walk with all the nice folks there lol. I do intend to stop skipping meals. don't want appetite issues down the line. I've also looked into intermittent fasting. I may actually try that out. my Wife and I usually eat between 5 and 6 and a light snack afterwards.

The knee is due for a cortisone shot and after that, I'll be good to go. Hope your knee holds up as well and congrats on the weight loss! Thanks for the kind words, fern46, I appreciate it and I'll be sure to continue checking in on this thread.

Diagnosed 2008
Bipolar II with Mixed States, Rapid Cycling with Anxiety / Depression:
Meds: Zoloft, Latuda, Gabapentin & Depakote.
Jedi67 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, fern46, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
fern46, Wild Coyote