View Single Post
fern46
Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 26, 2019 at 07:25 AM

Hi Clotilde, welcome to PC. I hope you find the support you are looking for here.

I struggled to get pregnant with both of my children at 30 and 33 years old. I didn't need IVF, but I required fertility medicine each time and I experienced two miscarriages. I know how difficult it can be to want a baby so badly and to deal with the stress that comes alomg with it. The meds I had to take also wreaked havoc on my moods due to the hormone shifts. However, I was able to deal with it by keeping my eye on the prize. I would notice I was spinning out of control and then I could reign it back in by remembering that the changes were only temporary and that the end result would be so amazing. My husband was a good sounding board and he helped to keep me focused as well.

I do not have any experience with taking bipolar medication while trying to conceive. I did not experience any symptoms until just recently. What have your doctors said about the risks? Maybe the meds will keep the hormonal shifts at bay and you'll have an easier time on that front than I did.

Have you ever heard of BabyCenter? There are tons of forums and many deal with conception and ART. I've read a number of threads there of people who also take meds for various forms of mental illness. I found it a wonderful resource while I was trying to get pregnant, while I was pregnant and after the birth of my children. BabyCenter | The Most Accurate & Trustworthy Pregnancy & Parenting Information

I wish you all the best with this. I have had several friends and even a few in their 40s who have successfully conceived with IVF and IUI. It can be a long road, but you're investing in something priceless and beautiful.
fern46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341