View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Jul 27, 2019 at 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerfields View Post
I love history. I'm sorry I don't know too much about English history specifically, but I share your enthusiasm. Queen Elizabeth I has always fascinated me.
Oh yes. But for me I am getting a bit of a crush on Henry the VII. Elizabeth I's grandfather.

He is the first person in history imho who was what I would call masterful. Seeming to see the bigger picture. He realized that England was fighting itself in the war of the roses and came in, knocked the other side out(via combat), took over, married the heir of the other side to form a union started the trend of lying to the people to promote stability. Using symbols and media to promote a dynasty.

He had children, seemingly loved his wife not only for her importance but also for herself and did everything he could to hold england together even if it meant sacrifices for him and his personal life.

He seemed the first person to treat being king as something more important than himself personally.

Elizabeth is a great one too. I particularly love that she refused to marry. Being a person who couldn't bring myself to do the same I appreciate that. She must have had B***s of steel not to marry at that time. Truly makes you wonder if some people are genetically better than others. Elizabeth unfortunately killed the Tutor line and that kind of spelled doom for most of the next century.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Seafarer