View Single Post
circles5

Member Since Dec 2011
15 hugs
given
Default Jul 28, 2019 at 06:11 AM

Hi,
Thankyou all for your responses.
I think you have given very good advise. - I will find a low-cost private alternative.
The NHS - is very good for everything BUT mental health. I'm very glad it exists, but they really have shun those with mental health conditions.

Here, as you say; they merely pretend to help people.
I have come to think of the mental health services as 'box tickers'.
They just tick boxes - to meet quotas, and save their budget. Turning away and denying help to everyone that they can.

They claim that everyone who approaches their doctor get's help with 14 days i think. Which is the biggest scam - as within 14 days they get access to an online mental health course
They get a piece of software...... that's all they get, and they don't even get it straight away.

I've now been told that the anti-psychotic they were going to prescribe me for my OCD, is now conditional on me taking another SSRI (should've seen that one coming) - I informed the very same psychiatrist that I can not tolerate these medications and they offer no benefit. I said 'no benefit' tentatively as I know how these doctors think.....;
Out of that sentence; Can't tolerate, no benefit --They ignore 'can't tolerate' and say ah, well that's because you haven't tried augmenting with an anti-psychotic. They completley ignore the fact these SSRIs make me very ill.
I could 'augment' calcium and magnesium supplements with a can of beer. voilla augmented Calcium/magnesium supplement...... - I don't understand, if something doesn't work... go back to the drawing board. Don't build on an already broken foundation...
However, now - if in future I say; I wanted help and didn't receive any - I will be told I was un co-operative. I will be informed the dear psychiatrist did her best to help me, after long and hard consideration deciding an SSRI and anti-psychotic was the best choice... and I turned down her help. The help was there and I turned it down. (I have explained I wanted to try an anti-psychotic for my OCD and could not tolerated SSRIs, but alas..)
When I first took Sertraline 50mg. I didn't sleep for 72hours from one pill!!!! Literally was very ill, sleep deprived - shaking, hallucinating.
I went to the doctors.... and they told me to go to the supermarket and buy 'piriton drowsy version' AKA chlorpheniramine maleate (A 1st-gen anti-histamine)
They didn't even prescribe me it....
--

I will be going privately some how. I'll get myself help. And I will not be listening to another word from a psychiatrist or member of the NHS mental health team - As they are not there to help, just give the illusion to you and the public that they are helping.

The vast majority of mental-health workers are incredibly poorly trained.
I have had key workers and members of hospital emergency psychiatric teams that have not known what BDD is.
I've been given 'social inclusion support workers' with no psychiatric training - at all. which is almost a cruel joke considering I have AVPD.
Others, have written down BPD.... when I tell them I have BDD - I then have to explain that I have BDD, and it's a real condition that I'm not making up.

I was in crisis at hospital, suicidal.... and was subjected to half an hour of me and my mum being yelled at and belittled by a very aggressive psychiatric nurse - telling me life is sacred and I shouldn't be thinking about taking my life as what about the effects it would have on my friends and family, and surely I was grateful to be alive ....
Eventually being told I could get a bed in a ward, but I'd have to wait 96 hours in accident and emergency on the metal benches without a bed or private room.
Then after an hour the psychiatric nurse came up to me and said oh,,, by the way; what is your diagnosis?

10 years of experience has given me a lot of insight into how they operate.... It is appalling, I have gone from despair to disbelief.
I feel like I'm suffering a derealization episode whenever I try and engage with the mental health services in this country. I often walk away in shock and laughing. Which is about the only relief I get.

RX: 4mg Diazepam daily

___

Last edited by circles5; Jul 28, 2019 at 06:41 AM..
circles5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BeKindToMyMistakes, Fuzzybear, mostlylurking