Lonelyinmyheart
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2019
1,733 hugs
given
Default Jul 28, 2019 at 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild at heart View Post
I’ve also pondered this question. I plan almost every session, often with spare topics just in case the other topics don’t take much time. I think maybe it’s a way of protecting myself. It’s also because I’m afraid that my mind will go blank and we won’t talk about anything of consequence. The helpful thing about planning is that if I sit and think, I can discover the emotion I have about my relationship with my T, or about other people or things in my life and then I have a productive session with that. But I’d like to try an unplanned session sometime x
Yes this is me as well well. I plan almost every session but I really want to try an unplanned one more often. I think I am protecting myself and there's also a fear that if I don't plan it will be a wasted session and leave me feeling awful. That's usually not the case actually, very far from it it, but the fear around it it is huge. Sometimes planning is helpful for me, like you I have had productive sessions where I've wanted to discuss a particular issue esp if its about my immediate feelings re t..
Lonelyinmyheart is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote