View Single Post
Atypical_Disaster
Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
7,354 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 28, 2019 at 12:54 PM

Hello, I just realized I’ve been on these forums since 2011 lol wow.

I’m a diagnosed Narcissist, and of the malignant variety. So, I’m on the extreme end of the spectrum. I am acutely self-aware, and as a result I am perfectly capable of controlling myself and my behavior around here.

I was largely operating in the shadows here for the first several years I was on here. Testing the waters, seeing what kind of forum this is and if this place was willing to tolerate “my kind” as it were. To my pleasant surprise, it was. So I dropped all of my false personas that I wear automatically over time around here.

I was falsely diagnosed with schizophrenia and everything else under that umbrella for many years because I have a very severe case of type 1 narcolepsy (a sleep disorder, do a google search for more information if you’re not aware of what this is). Nobody bothered to check for this, and because it’s so extreme/severe it did look like psychosis, much to my misfortune. I only recently got this rectified by having to bring the legal system into it because nobody would take me seriously with a diagnosis of “schizophrenia”. But I did get a sleep study done and I tested positive for type 1 narcolepsy, and as one of the most severe cases of it they had ever seen. With my luck I’ll wind up in some academic articles. Wouldn’t be the first time, I wound up in a myriad of academic and other studies due to the severity of my NPD also.

As for what’s going on with me currently, I’ve been doing a lot of self-introspection during my spare time (which I have a lot of, I make quite a lot of money and do not have to work much anymore.) I find out something new about myself every day. I always make a point to dedicate time to increasing self-awareness because I never want to sink into being one of *those* Narcissists who has no idea that they’re a Narcissist.

I was born without the capacity for empathy and therefore I cannot love or connect with people as traditionally defined, nor am I truly capable of remorse/guilt; much in the way primary psychopaths are. However, I do not have the same emotional deficits psychopaths do, the rest of my emotions are fully intact, they’re just extremely narcissistic of course. I am also decidedly not reckless, impulsive, prone to boredom/in constant need of stimulation, do not live parasitically off of others, nobody has ever thought of me as “irresponsible”... And I am fully capable of taking responsibility for my actions because why wouldn’t I? I surely do not want someone else taking the credit for my fine work, again, that’s narcissistic as hell but hey, at least I’m aware of that eh?

Anyways, if anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to talk to me. I’m quite extroverted and will talk to pretty much anyone.
Atypical_Disaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Nightsong