View Single Post
TheReverse

Member Since Jul 2019
Default Jul 28, 2019 at 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous44076 View Post
I have dealt with a feeling of deep emptiness all my life. I recently read that this can be caused by childhood emotional neglect. I certainly grew up with that. Just wondering if anyone else has a recurring feeling of emptiness? If so, how do you manage it? Did you ever find a way to let go of it or begin to feel whole or complete? If you have not found something to help, please feel free to share anyway. It's an awful lonely feeling. Not something I feel comfortable discussing in the non-PC world. it would help to hear from others who also feel this way.
I'm new to this forum and so I'm late to your post. To answer your question, yes. It's something I'm still dealing with to this day. Doesn't matter what city I move to, I feel like I don't belong or I'm out of place. Doesn't matter that I'm in a great relationship, that feeling of emptiness still lingers because it's rooted in childhood. I've just ignored it and said that's the way things are because of the dysfunction I came from, I figured it would just be my normal. Now I'm thinking maybe I should really focus on healing. I don't want to go through my entire life feeling empty. I think I may benefit from getting a therapist. To manage it, I think that may help you too.

Hugs from:
Nowlosingsanity

Thanks for this!
Nowlosingsanity