View Single Post
AugustStar
Newly Joined

Member Since Jul 2019
Default Jul 29, 2019 at 03:12 PM

Hello,
I'm new here and I would really appreciate any guidance, support, or tips that any of you have. I am finally to the point where I know that I need to get help for binge eating. I don't know the first place to turn. I suppose seeing a therapist would be beneficial, but I am not sure how that works. What is the best way to get in with a therapist?

Here's a brief backstory: I have a long history of eating disorders, as I was bulimic throughout high school and a few years thereafter. My anxiety and depression were finally treated with medication. I don't talk about my eating disorder history because I feel like I start to panic and get overcome with emotions, which has made this battle a pretty lonely and isolated one. I was proud of myself for stopping the purging for so many years. However, all of my effort and mental power went into this part of it. I still binge. I guess I just went from one eating disorder to another. I worry that my health will be affected soon because I am now in the "overweight" category. I'm becoming so down on myself that I am tempted to turn to purging again. I feel like I'm losing control again.

What do you think is the best route for me? I'm thinking about seeing a therapist, but how long does this usually take to get in to?
AugustStar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
lightly toasted, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks