Magnate

Mopey remove

5 yr Member
1,520 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 29, 2019 at 03:15 PM

Dear Jenn2019:

You are TOTALLY singing my song here. In my own daily life, this is probably the thing that frustrates me the most. Everyone who has replied to you has mentioned good, time-tested techniques. They are all good, and I know all of them, and yet..........

I know that when I look at a task to be done, it looks like a huge monolith. The only way I can ever get anything done is to slow down, and start breaking the task down into baby steps. The first is often the hardest. And just that process feels like pulling teeth, because it doesn't come naturally. And I'm impatient. I want it done NOW, so I can rest and go back to reading, or whatever. The fact that I'm going to have to do it step by step and completion is far away frustrates me.

Focussing in on a single task frustrates me, as I hear all the other undone tasks hooting at me from the sidelines, saying "what about me? what about me?" But you've got to focus on that task, or it'll never get done.

Once you start, and you take the first step, and then the 2nd, you may find yourself building momentum. Or not, but if you do, it helps.

Just try not to take on too much at once, and then, if and when you do get finished, check it off your list. Give yourself the credit for having accomplished it, and maybe a little reward, before you start the next. That really does feel good.

Now that I've given you all this advice, back to my own life. Hmmm, there are all these ugly spots on the floor.......
Mopey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
SprinkL3