View Single Post
HealingGlow

Member Since Aug 2018
Default Jul 30, 2019 at 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoretical View Post
How did he convince you to stay? You said that you had some suspicions about his behavior from the start. What led you to decide to trust him anyway?

Has he been diagnosed NPD or ASPD?
For those going through a similar experience now with their relationships, I would advise definitely looking at their significant other's actions rather than words. My then boyfriend sweet-talked me into staying by saying that he would accede to my wishes, and that he would change his behavior, which he did...for a time. Again, for anyone having similar issues, I would say that trust is not the main issue, as the saying goes, "Trust, but verify." That is not to say we should trust complete strangers, but if we see someone we're interested in, giving someone the benefit of the doubt is sometimes worth it. The problem is that my estranged husband has shown that he was unworthy of the trust he was bestowed, and now that I have the benefit of hindsight analysis, I wish to share some of the details of our interaction in the hopes that it may serve to help others.

No, he hasn't been diagnosed, but if you see some of the same signs in your own interactions, definitely think twice about the relationship!

HealingGlow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote