View Single Post
HealingGlow

Member Since Aug 2018
Default Jul 30, 2019 at 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Christina View Post
So he proposed and groped you and you went ahead and married him ?

Was he a respectful caring husband at any point ?

Were you pressured to have a child ?

Sorry I’m just trying to understand
Yes, and for those who have already married someone like this - one of the toughest things I had to face initially when my husband informed me that he wanted to end our relationship after I became three months pregnant was this same sense of shock and incredulity. I asked myself, "How could I have been such a fool?" I apologized to my unborn baby for not providing him with the same resources as others, and I resolved to make it up to him. So if you're in the same boat, please forgive yourself. I choose to view this experience as a learning opportunity, and you can do the same.

Yes, when I was still on my husband's "good" side, he was able to act in such a way, although it later became clear that it wasn't genuine behavior, but rather because he felt it was expected of him, and he wanted praise for appearing to be a good husband. However, after I lost his good graces, even the way I put on my shirt would displease him. He acted extremely critical of little things, and would often put me down for no reason other than he could make himself feel superior. For those experiencing the "good" side of things intermixed with emotional and verbal abuse, beware of there being a cycle of abuse. It's important that the "good" qualities of the relationship you're experiencing are sustainable, and not just deception to keep you hooked in the relationship.

No, but I was pressured to have sex with him. There's unfortunately sexual abuse involved in our relationship, which I would prefer to keep confidential.

Thanks to theoretical and ~Christina for their thoughtful questions so far. Feel free to let me know if there are additional thoughts and feedback!

HealingGlow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote