View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,040 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 31, 2019 at 07:35 AM

Thanks Blanche. I have vacation days, but I want to save them for a real vacation in a few months - and if they fire me I get those paid out, so I would like to keep some banked for that. In September at least we get a 5-day weekend for national holidays.

Ugh, I had to work with that cheater yesterday to write up some new projects. When she actually has to do work and can't just copy and paste that she was not able to find information, she is incompetent. She didn't understand a very basic concept we deal with regularly. She's been at the job for a year! We also deal with websites where you look for public works bidding processes. For this we had to look up some processes. I found mine quickly. She was whining half the day that the system must not be working because she couldn't find anything for hers.

And, the other day I was doing an update for a project for a bridge between Paraguay and Brazil because an important announcement had been made. We have several bridges like that in the system so you have to be careful that you are working on the right thing, which can be done by checking what cities it will connect. I saw that someone else had sent another such bridge to editing, which I thought was weird, since there wouldn't normally be news about two of them in the same day. She had updated that other (incorrect) bridge with the information I was using. I mentioned it to my boss, since that is something that is going to look bad to a client, but I checked and it hasn't even been corrected.

Sadly, my boss is oblivious. She seems to have these internal narratives about us that won't be changed. She thinks that other woman is great because of her artificially inflated numbers, overlooking her sloppy work, while others of us who are more careful and do good work are viewed poorly because we have lower numbers.
rechu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous48672, seesaw, Turtle_Rider