Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 31, 2019 at 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goforward View Post
I suffered with infertility and was asked often why I didn't have children. I remember being so offended and aghast at the insensitivity of some folks. So my husband and I adopted a son from overseas and people asked why we didn't adopted here. You can never satisfy the oafs out there.
maybe they were just trying to find a way to start a conversation with you. I have had that happen before. how I deal with this is I answer their question then refer the same question back to them …

example being lesbian my eife and I do get asked from time to time which of the children belong to her and which to me..

we tell them the children are both ours, we have a friendly donor and did the IVF process. after the children were born an adoption hearing was done therefore legally and ethically all the children are both my wifes and my children. how about you which of your children belong to you and which to your spouse/ significant other? or if the person asking does not have any children I say how about you, any children in your future?

eventually either the conversation ends or the person asking realizes that if they are going to ask about our children turn about is fair play and I will be asking them to answer the same questions their self.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote