Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 31, 2019 at 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmalion View Post
It's certainly true that aging is normal and natural. But I can't see why anyone woukdnt orefer to have a young body perpetually than an ever aging one - indeed, it strikes me that the vast majority of people clearly would prefer they didn't get older. Cosmetics sales alone indicate this.

See to me, this indicates that people dislike, to some degree, their bodies after a certain age. I think it's fine for people to accept or cope with something inevitable, but I don't see that as being mutually exclusive with an admission that they don't like they're bodies as they are. Surely it would be illogical to not desire a more attractive, healthier, less uncomfortable, more capable, physical form?
Perpetually young body on older person would look stupid. No thanks. I am attractive so no I don’t want to look more attractive. Why? Looks are also subjective. More attractive by what standards? I am not giving up my looks.

I can’t speak about what happens in years from now but now it’s all good. I don’t even have grey hair, that’s really a blessing. I probably wouldn’t like that. But who knows. Some people look great with grey hair.

“vast majority of people clearly would prefer they didn't get older”. The only alternative to not get older is to not exist. So I beg to differ. Vast majority of us prefer to get older.

PS part of the solution is also how you present yourself and how you feel inside. How you dress, your posture, your attitude etc

Also part of liking yourself is liking your body. You not liking your body likely stems from you not liking yourself and not liking your life. You aren’t content. I believe your life would improve if you look into roots of your suffering rather than trying to convince others that they are miserable even if they tell you that they aren’t. Do you find it beneficial?
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote