View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
Default Jul 31, 2019 at 03:00 PM

I will say my vets have always been supportive but at the same time they are very coopetative patients. Vets should be trained to handle all kinds.

I hate putting chemical meds into my animals unless necessary. I have older dogs with serious arthritis problems. A couple of years ago when I was volunteering at the Ky horse park I came across this vendor who sold suppliments for horse, dogs, & cats. I started out with their natural joint supplement I gave to my 2 older dogs. I ran out of it just at the time Leo died last Christmas. I thought....will get around to buying more since I really didn't see the help at the time.

Right after that my almost 18 year old started to not even be able to stand up. I had yo physically lifylt her up. Then my youngest eskie dog (12) was diagnosed with major hip problems & needed major oral surgery. Vet was trying to find a med that helped without bad side effects. Ended up giving him gabapentin. I decided to order the supplement & that company had another supplement called "comfort" i ordered both & JoGI was able to stop the gabapentin but the even greater miracle was that My 18 year old could startbgetting up by herself & was much more mobile. She is now 18 & 4 months & still doing well for her age.

So in June my horse trainer shipped me my horse. She had severe reactions to bug bites. Her equine vet prescribes antihistamines. They helped some BUT the same company with the wonderful dog supplements had one for horses called skin & allergy. Ordered that & within a week her welts & open sores from bites started to totally clear up. Both of my vets have been so impressed with these products. I use both the antihistamine & supplement on my horse during this horrible bug season but now have both dogs are now just on the supplements. It was kinda a miraculous change or I would have probably not noticed. If you would like the company name I would gladly share it with you. They are located in Calif just north/east of Santa Barbara. Their customer service is so knowledgable about their products also. I have been impressed because I have seen them really work.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
lizardlady