catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 31, 2019 at 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Fox Seaton View Post
I have never thought of a place as a home. That is the thing. Every place I live seems to feel like it is someplace I can't "settle" into because it has problems. Not to mention choosing this place took about 4 years of looking.

I am starting to wonder if ANY place is going to be comfortable and a home and that really concerns me as I head toward retirement.

That's kind-of how I feel, too. For example, I like my apartment but as usual, it feels like I'm living in someone else's home. Sort-of. It's hard to describe. I'm pretty much retired and that feeling of "having no home" scares me, too.

I grew up in the same house until I was twenty years old. It was a really nice house with a beautiful yard, until my mother married a guy (when I was ten) and they got into fights and ruined the house. Long story, but it ended up with the house having major issues.

After that, I've always lived in rentals with the feeling that any day I'll receive a notice about having to move because the owner is remodeling or some kind of garbage like that.

Anyway, hard to explain, but I will say that I have an understanding of what you mean.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote