View Single Post
WpgMom

Member Since Aug 2018
1 hugs
given
Angry Aug 01, 2019 at 01:41 PM

I am not sure what I even want to say about this or what kind of feedback I am looking for.
He has been an alcoholic for close to 30 years. Last night my parents told my husband and me that he and his wife (she is just as bad an addict as he is) have separated and he has checked into a 30 day program. I was shocked because I honestly thought he was so far gone there was no hope for him. It never occurred to me to even suggest such a thing to him.
I am so angry with him for so many things. I have been for a long time. I am glad if this works and things can get better for him, but I am still so mad. First, he couldn't have picked a worse time. My mom is right in the middle of chemo and she has fairly advanced osteoporosis. She has bigger things to worry about and now she is pushing herself to go with my dad to take care of his house and other affairs. Sunday is family counselling at the center. She has chemo on Friday so she will probably be very sick on Sunday but she is determined to lay in the back of the car with a bucket if she has to. She shouldn't have to do this!
He has also over the years caused our family to be torn apart. He has no relationship with his kids (and so we have also lost that relationship). He was abusive to them so they want nothing to do with him. He's never seen his grandchildren (and he's not an age that he should even have grandchildren). His main relationships with women have ended in spectacular fashion resulting in huge problems for my extended family.
So what do I do with all this anger? I know this is an amazingly great step. I know he has a sickness. But I am still really mad.
WpgMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks