View Single Post
Stargazergirl94

Member Since Aug 2019
21 hugs
given
Default Aug 04, 2019 at 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadfish View Post
I'm embarassed to say.. when I started I was depressed and suicidal. My parents didn't take the depression and being suicidal seriously when I finally had the courage to tell them. As a result (first because they didn't know, then because they didn't take it seriously) I told a couple of friends/friendish classmates and a teacher about it. Eventually I SIed.. not because I had real urges but I'd just thought I'd try. People do it, so it must help, right? Then I told a couple of those friends about it but that was mostly a cry of "See me help me take me seriously see how messed up I am". They already saw me, took me seriously, helped me to the best of their ability. So it embarrasses me when I think back on it.

This was in early 2011, maybe late 2010.

I'd hurt myself before when I was about 5 - I regularly spanked myself with the flyswatter. (Now that I think about it, it's kind of sad. Was only 5 and felt I deserved that.) Might have told a T or my pdoc about it - asides from that I only ever mention it on the internet.

In 2015 I told my mom.. didn't have much choice. Half my wardrobe was filled with old pyjamas that I never wore, so I had put one of them on after SI intending to throw it away after. Next day my sister comes to me asking if I've seen her favourite pyjama shirt. Oops. Had to tell my mom - there was blood in it and so I couldn't really throw it in the laundry basket for her to find.

T.. also 2015 I think.
Pdoc.. don't remember exactly. He does know and we talk about the urges sometimes, and if I've done it I usually send him an email. It's like this: sometimes he asks whether I have SIed, and that first time I was both afraid he wouldn't ask and thus would give me an excuse not to tell (he asked about it most appts at the time, I think he just forgot the other appts). And I was afraid he would ask, and my mother would hear (she usually joins me for appts). (It's one thing for a parent to know a daughter sometimes hurts herself - another thing entirely to hear she's hurt herself that exact week) So I send him an email basically stating: "Hurt myself on Thu, was because of x and y and I burnt z into my skin because of alpha" (alpha = a few words of explanation as to why I'd chosen that phrase) "Already talked with beta (T) about it. Just emailing you so you know and won't ask about it in the presence of my parents. If you want to talk about it it's fine, but either send my mother from the room or next week during our phone appt."

(Two weeks later I OD'd and my parents were told about, or saw, the burns in the hospital. Oops.)

I've send him another few emails like that. Last time I don't think I immediately told him - just mentioned it later on.

And I mentioned the 6-month-mark and the year-mark.
When I was about 6 years old I remember standing in front of a mirror holding a belt and saying to myself in the mirror, “You’re a bad girl Raye! You need a spanking.” I didn’t actually hit myself. But I wanted to. I wanted to lash out at myself because I was so sad and I felt like it was because I was so bad. I cried the first time I told that story to my therapist.
Stargazergirl94 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote