Thread: Nothing is real
View Single Post
Anonymous40099

Default Aug 04, 2019 at 07:26 PM

Can you keep yourself at distance from others and be OK with it? Does it bother you when people distance themselves from you?

Bonding is not my strongest asset as I have (social) anxiety and probably a form of Asperger's, because I cannot read the social cues well. I do and say stupid things when I shouldn't. So, to get started socially and professional for me has been a challenge. Real challenge. For you it seems the problem is more when people get to know you.

But believe or not, most people change who they are on the outside to get by. I don't think authenticity and personal identity is something common in modern society. People in the most part are fake. Fraud. From my experience everything in life is about how good you are in making others believe what you want them to believe to make your life easier. As you may have noticed, telling the truth doesn't set well with people. They want you to be someone they imagine in their head, someone perfect, ideal, not someone who she/he is. Even when you reach out not necessarily for help but to say how you feel and how your thought process goes, the first thing they say is to ask you to change to their norms, to see a therapist who can "fix" your "divergence" from the norm.

People are who they are. Their genetic make up and past experiences have shaped who they are. Controlling change is a myth. Free will is a myth. The problem is in acceptance. In accommodating differences.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote