View Single Post
-jimi-
Jimi the rat

Member Since Dec 2008
Default Aug 04, 2019 at 10:14 PM

I used to have a cat that was an angel at home and a demon at the vets. He needed cleaning up a wound he got outside. I strongly emphasized this cat will slay you. The vet laughed and said he looks so nice. So she took him out of the carrier and he put a claw down her arm and you could see for real a fountain of blood. I said "I told you so!"

After that he got a note in his charts and they always after that put him in some kind of box with sedating gas (no idea what it was), and then fixed what was wrong.

They learned the hard way!!!

One of the cats I have these days, I found a wonderful vet that knows cats and respects them and has been bitten and scratched. So her policy is if we have cats that don't deal with vets well and they don't need surgery or things like that, she prescribes medication based on symptoms over the phone. My "evil" cat is a patient but never met the vet! There are indeed some really good vets!

But there are bad ones too. So bad that I can't think of some events that happened to my friends' animals, would just make me so sad and mad all over again.

My good vet is past 70 so eventually she will quit. Ugh.