-jimi-
Jimi the rat

Member Since Dec 2008
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 04, 2019 at 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitimage View Post
Pelvic Lift.

It's really hard at first, but is helpful.

Lie flat on your back with your knees bent like you would for a sit up.

Try to lift your butt off the floor be contracting your abdominal muscles. You won't get far at first, but the goal is to be able to completely lift your butt off the floor so that really only your upper back and shoulders are on the floor, and you're forming a triangle with your legs, butt, and lower back.

splitimage
Thanx for explaining. You guys are cool, you don't diss me cuz I don't understand at first.

I wish someone told me all this as a teen instead of nagging me of standing straight. I didn't have muscle enough to not slouch. I needed exercises, not nagging. Nagging didn't help me keep myself together, I had looser joints than today, and a very "relaxed" body. I'm not really bitter, cuz I realize they didn't have the knowledge. It's simply a sort of wish. Unfortunately, because I didn't have exercises, I only kept one vertebrae at hyperflexible and the others got stiff with age. So I can't stand totally upright and I can only bend in one place even if it is so far down I can do with straight legs and I can put my elbows on the floor.

Even if it was before its time, my bro got home physio as a small child cuz my dad happened to know a guy who was working with that so they had a sort of program with him. I didn't show many symptoms that early age. But he walked on his toes, never crawled and had terrible motor skills. He was the opposite though, he was very stiff.

So I'm glad one of us got help, even before it was a thing. He now plays sports and runs and all that. I doubt he would have without the training he had as a 1-2 year old.

Hugs from:
unaluna