sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 06, 2019 at 12:05 AM

@BP1beauty
Find another p-doc and ditch the neuro. There are NO tests for adhd-none. All of these online tests and computer tests and expensive tests are bunk. Sure, they may line up with someone diagnosed with adhd but that is because the person has it, not because the test found it. The false negative rate is extremely high with these tests. Yes, bipolar mucks up the waters but it should not preclude you from getting a proper diagnosis the right way. Why on earth would your p-doc not be the one diagnosing you? They are the doctors that should be diagnosing, not neuros. They are the ones that handle medication. it makes me doubt your doctors' abilities being that she should know that there are no tests and that it is her job to diagnose you, if you have it.
ADHD/ADD Tests for Diganosis: Medical Testing, Scales, & Psychological Criteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP1beauty View Post
I'm overwhelmed right now I went to my Nero appointment to get tested for ADHD and was told that I should work on my anxiety and that would improve my focus and concentration ...... The test has three parts and I did well on one part, failed one, and barely passed the last one. I have a family history of ADHD and other psych issues. When the neurologist was interviewing me it seemed like he was hyper-focused on the fact that I had bipolar disorder and also a history of ED. I explained to him that my pdoc explained the risk ( if prescribed stimulant medication )but I still wanted to go forward with the testing. Anyway, I saw my pdoc today and she said she had to go by the recommendation they gave... I mentioned to her that I might get a second opinion and she seemed a little flustered. Is it worth getting a second opinion? I feel like they're passing the buck

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote