View Single Post
Anonymous40099

Default Aug 07, 2019 at 03:01 PM

Recently I did a phone interview with a hiring manager, and I was excited because I have had major problems with recruiters in the behavioral questions in the past, but it went terribly wrong. First off, his English is barely understandable. I swear I didn't understand half of his talk. I was all the time saying "I'm sorry, could you repeat (the question), please?". Not good for me, but of course, it's my mistake. I should understand him because he is the hiring manager Then he was rude. I was talking about my backgrounds, and he abruptly and aggressively interrupted me as if he didn't like where I was going with introducing myself. Then I explained to him what I did, and he asked me the same question 3 times about the conclusion of my work. Then when he asked me a couple of technical questions, non of them were in my specialization. I studied them in my undergraduate textbooks 12+ years ago, and I haven't used them in my work. They were not in my specialization, although the position requirements are more aligned with my specialization. Then he told me If I have experience in something they didn't ask for, and I told him no. All in all it was a total failure. To put salt on the wound, I made the mistake of telling my father I had an interview, and in the last few days he was bombarding me with texts like "when is your interview?" "Are you prepared?" "Did they call you?" I snapped at him, and told him it was a total failure. I know he is worried about me because I am not working and I am still dependent on him, but his worry makes me anxious and irritated Now I feel guilty and depressed I did that
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous48672, hvert, TunedOut, unaluna, WastingAsparagus, winter4me, zapatoes