Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since May 2013
22.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 07, 2019 at 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlumberKitty View Post
You know when you are feeling so bad, you don't even want to do any self care? That's where I'm at. But, yes, there's some stuff I can do. Let me think. Yesterday I went to a friends house and watched a movie and that helped for a while. I emailed a friend and let her know that I'm suicidal. I'm meeting a different friend for coffee tonight. I'm looking at websites that are for dealing with suicidal thoughts. Another friend suggested journaling so I might do some of that. Laying under my weighted blankets sounds good if I can be cool enough. I think these are some things I can do or am planning to do. I'm trying, just not feeling well at all. I started a new drug (statin) for cholesterol and fish oil prescribed by my GP on Friday. Tuesday my depression spiraled out of control. That's the only thing that has changed. I don't know if statin meds can cause depression stuff or if this is just a coincidence. The paper that comes with the medication didn't list any psychiatric effects. But this is the same feeling I got last time I was on a medication that induced suicidal feelings. It has that same feel to it. Sigh. If I have to, I'll go to the hospital. HUGS Kit
It’s possible it’s metabolized in the same way one of your psych meds is making the level of psych meds artificially higher due to competition, a lot of he psych meds cause sui thinking when th dose is changed.

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
SlumberKitty