View Single Post
-jimi-
Jimi the rat

Member Since Dec 2008
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 08, 2019 at 06:50 AM

I wish I was healthier, then I would eventually get a dog. Now that is out of my reach. Because I feel so different day to day I can't even promise anyone to walk their dogs, they need someone who can do that every day and some days I just don't function.

I more have a hard time with time moving too quickly and I never have the time to do stuff. Just doing normal chores wears me out. I try to go for walks and stuff like that, but that is not always possible.

I cuddle with my cats, I try to eat, watch movies, email and chat with friends and hang out with RL friends. After that I'm done in. I find it amazing that normal people do more in a day than I do in a week, plus they work!

I found a lot of new friends online, one happened to live near me and a few in a city one hour from me. Also we also have an aspie meetup group here. We created that group because there was none in my city. That is always an option if there is no group, you can take charge and create one. At times when you don't meet you can have a mailing list or a forum to communicate. (And yea you can use Facebook but I don't recommend this because there will always be someone who tries not to use FB or is against it, in our group only two people have FB, LOL.)

I did some unpaid stuff, some of it was fun some was stressful. I tutored a girl I met online when she lived in another country, she moved to mine, and she got no help for her learning disability, so I stepped in and helped her a lot with her studies, I spent many hours explaining things. Also I sometimes help out in a cafe where immigrants can meet Swedes and learn from chitchatting. I just go there whenever I want and as a regular guest now, I told them it is too burdening to be one of the leaders.

I guess I rarely get bored, I feel overwhelmed already and even if I don't really seek out social contacts, they happen anyway. I think I'm just lucky in that matter.

I also try to finish one writing project every year, sometimes it works sometimes not.

I have so many interests but I don't have focus, energy and it is hard for me to get going. I used to like to paint and play instruments. That I haven't done in ages. Instead I sing to myself sometimes, LOL. I was in a newbie choir a while but that was too intense for me even if we just met once a week, but was really fun. Long time ago we also had an ad out if someone wanted us (me and best friend), to come groom and pet their horses and sometimes give them exercise. That was mega fun. But also there my energy somehow ended.

Here, night classes is a big thing, you usually go once a week, there is no formal diploma or grades, but you learn what you go there to learn. It can be literally anything, some stuff just needing attendance, some needing studying. Way way back I did pottery. More recently I took Arabic and also British English communication. I liked that stuff because meeting people around a certain task might be easier than just meeting and doing nothing. I tried to work on my British accent, but TV ruined me, LOL.

I seem to be on the other end of the problem of disability. I have tons of stuff I can do but I feel time and energy just disappears away. Can I buy some energy and sell you some of my friends? LOL.

Hugs from:
*Beth*