View Single Post
Bowie’sLady

Member Since Nov 2013
68 hugs
given
Default Aug 08, 2019 at 10:18 PM

I’ve been discriminated against in so many ways it’s hard to even remember them all now. Main one is because I can’t work anymore and I’m only in my mid 50s. I wish that I could but over the last 20 years not only mental illness problems but also chronic pain problems including many operations have made me unfit for work.

Does this make me no longer a person? I still have feelings, dreams, hopes & desires too. I have a family that loves me very much no matter what. Problem is over the years I’ve lost many friends just because at times I’ve been too sick to go to and participate in social activities.

I know that I’ll never work again even though I’m highly qualified in my field of work. I’m discriminated against socially in my town as most women my age either work and/or do volunteer work.

It seems that somebody like me is left on the garbage pile. Ready for the weekly rubbish truck to come and collect me. I’m discriminated against in so many ways that I feel like.....screaming!

Sometimes I feel like I can’t take it much longer? I often have to be my own therapist now and keep on convincing myself that it’s worth living. As quite often I just can’t see the point of it all anymore. Sad but true! 😞

Life's a struggle we all realise that but I’m still here after half a century now.
Every day is still a challenge but somehow we can always survive with compassion, strength and love.

I wish everyone here on Psych Central all the best always.
Bowie’sLady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, HD7970GHZ