View Single Post
Anonymous43089

Default Aug 09, 2019 at 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag4170 View Post
Sociopaths can still do good things and be good people, but I've rarely experienced any good feelings from it. I feel embarrassed about it, honestly.
I resemble a lot of that. Feeling different, like I fake nearly all of my social interactions. Except the feeling embarrassed part. Why would you feel embarrassed about doing good things? That's how you earn obligation points which you can trade in later for things or favors.

Quote:
Anyway, it's not too hard to pick up on the fact that you may be a psychopath or sociopath. The fact that you care if you are or not leads me to believe that you aren't one.
That's what my therapist said. I think people are confusing a general interest in myself with "caring." I certainly don't mind being a psychopath. But my aspirations are loftier than being a mask during the day and a nuisance on the internet. I think I could use these psychopathic urges to my advantage if only I could understand and control them better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag4170 View Post
One interesting way psychiatrists could go about the discovery of psychopathy earlier is by having people play the game The Sims behind closed doors and secretly monitor them. What a person would do in a simulated world with no consequences could be a good indicator as to their real life inclinations.
I think that's true for most people, not just psychopaths. ....... So I tried looking up some things to prove my point, and the internet is telling me that, no, not everyone created a large cemetery of paparazzi and mail carriers in the backyard of their Sims' properties. Maybe we should do a poll on it.

As an aside, did you know you can get mods that will add "assassin" as a career option? It even comes with its own associated skill. When you level up your Sim, they can kill other Sims in unique ways. You can also get a sniper rifle that can kill other Sims at range. I had one of my Sims live across from the park so he could shoot pedestrians from his living room.

This is for The Sims 3, by the way. I haven't gotten The Sims 4, and I don't know what mods come with it.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote