View Single Post
Holdingbacktyrs

Member Since Jul 2011
Default Aug 09, 2019 at 06:18 PM

Hi—I take 60 mg a day, split dose. I’ve taken Adderall for years. I went off of it cold turkey once at the advice of a psych nurse. Talk about practicing medicine without a license! It was HORRIBLE!!! I had to call her to try to get a hold of my completely inept pdoc that I just started with and fired her over this issue. This is unlike me, but I was very belligerent and thought I permanently damaged my vocal chords from screaming at the nurse. She was as dumb as a rock anyway. Lesson learned, don’t go cold turkey or you might end up hurting yourself or others! I’m serious. I was an out of control bipolar woman. I cannot recall how tired I was at first, but I think I was pretty lethargic like I am if I miss my second dose. Bottom line, you need to wean off slowly. It is an addiction. I would call your doc and work with him or her. If you google this, you will see some of the withdrawal symptoms you might face.

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
Amy3boys